I really like the KDE music player clementine. Tons of functionality, little fluff. It picked up the ball after Amarok decided to get bloated. Some people really like the new Amarok, I find it over-engineered.
- Create the folder where the plugin will be placed.
mkdir -p ~/.config/Clementine/spotifyblob/version14-64bit
- Download the plugin
- Make sure the executable bit is set on the blob
- The blob was looking for libspotify.12, so we create a symlink
- Go into the internet channels, and right-click on ‘Spotify’. Click ‘configure’
- Log into your account in the spotify settings. If the system doesn’t recognize the plugin, it will tell you here.
That’s it! Enjoy your playlists. Search doesn’t seem to be supported, but at least you have your stuff.